Possible Holiday Food and Toy Programs 2016
Deadlines and Program Capacities Vary
Information as of Monday, November 21, 2016
Please Note: A number of Food Shelves are having Holiday food and toy programs for their participants. If you are registered with a particular Food Shelf or are otherwise getting food from a Food Shelf, please check with them directly.
**UNITED WAY 2-1-1: United Way receives information from organizations that are providing Holiday food, toys or gifts. Call 2-1-1 or 651-291-0211. They will search for programs within your zip code.**
SALVATION ARMY OPERATION JOY TOY PROGRAM:
For children age 0 to 14.
Taking registrations at 651-746-3595 from November 3 through December 2 (online ends at 4pm), Monday through Friday, 9 am – 4 pm. (closed Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving)
Must register by phone and obtain an appointment. A list of documents required will be provided at the time of registration. You cannot be registered for any other toy program, such as Toys for Tots. Registration may also be done on line at http://salvationarmynorth.org/community/twin-cities-metro/community-pages/2016-toy-shop-online-registration-form/ for those with an email address.
When you complete the form, your information will be given to an agency that can serve you. They will be responsible for instructing you on how to pick up toys.
The Salvation Army may allow homeless families to register if they have verification of a zip code, such as a letter from the location where there are staying or a letter from a shelter. Check for that information at the above number.
TOYS FOR TOTS AND GIFTS FOR TEENS.
· Covers the following counties only: Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington.) Toys are distributed through participating charitable organizations. At this time, no information is available about the participating organizations.
· Call United Way (see above) – at 2-1-1 or 651-291-0211, to learn which programs have toys for children. A child may only be registered through one charitable organization. Multiple registrations by different family members, at different locations, are not allowed. Only toy requests by family members with custodial responsibility are normally approved. Other requests are considered on a case by case basis. The age limit is 16 years old.
Toys for Tots Toys for Tots will have a list of participating distribution agencies on November 20th
THE FOOD GROUP:
Baskets of Hope will be distributed through local food shelf. Check with the food shelf you are registered with or that serves your zip code area. www.thefoodgroupmn.org 763-450-3860
FARE FOR ALL EXPRESS, 763-450-3880.
Offers a special Holiday pack. Call to order and find a site for pick up. Holiday Packs ~ $30 each
November Includes: 8-10lb turkey, large (2.75lb) tray of Tyson chicken wings, 1+lb Hormel peppercorn pork tenderloin, 1 lb chub of sage pork sausage, (2) 16oz. bags of frozen green beans, 9” Mrs. Smith’s pumpkin pie. Similar basket available for December.
S.T.E.P. (for St. Louis Park residents only): 6812 W. Lake St., St. Louis Park 952-925-4899.
· STEP serves infants through age 10 with gifts in the toy shop. STEP provides gift cards to children ages 11-17. This is held during the month of December and preregistration is required. Interested parties should contact STEP in November for registration dates and times.
· Address verification is required and document must be postmarked within the last 30 days. Acceptable forms of verification include: lease, utility bill, or local, county, state, and federal government document. STEP also requests verification of the child’s birthdate in the form of a birth certificate, passport, or government document.
· Tuesday November 1 through Friday December 9, 2016
· Register your children one of two ways:
o During November food shelf appointment OR
o Drop in between 11/1 and 12/9 during the following hours (NO appointment necessary:
§ Mon/Wed 8am-11am & 12:30pm-3:30pm or Tuesday 12:30pm-3:30pm & 5pm-7:30pm
§ OR Thursday 8am-11am or Friday 8am-11:30am
§ Please expect to wait if you drop in to register.
VEAP (VOLUNTEERS ENLISTED TO ASSIST PEOPLE), 9728 Irving Ave. S. Bloomington, 55431
www.veapvolunteers.org. (For residents with limited income, seniors and people with disabilities living in Bloomington, Richfield, Edina and parts of Minneapolis south of 50th St. and west of Cedar Ave.)
Families are invited to select holiday gifts for children (0-18) to take home to celebrate with your unique family traditions. Preregistration is required. Call (952) 888-9616 in November for details.
PLYMOUTH CHRISTIAN YOUTH CENTER, 612-643-2000.
(Serves North Minneapolis children age Kindergarten – 8th grade.)
Children may shop on Saturday, December 10, 2016 from 10 am – 1 pm. Must purchase tickets in advance - $1 per child, at Plymouth Christian Youth Center’s main building, 2210 Oliver Ave. N, Minneapolis. $1 can purchase 5 gifts.
BASILICA OF ST. MARY, 88 N. 17th St., Minneapolis. 612-333-1381.
Shoe/Boot program. For residents in the 55401, 55402, 55403, 55411 Zip Codes.
Apply in person: Mondays & Saturdays from 9:30-11:00 AM First come, first served at Teresa Of Calcutta Hall. Adults need to be resent. Children 0-18 do not but ID (medical card, social security card, birth certificate or other form of ID for each child. Also proof of residency or letter from a Minneapolis shelter. Shoe vouchers given for the Lake Street K-Mart, once every 12 months.
Christmas With Dignity (via Hospitality House Youth Development) is location at 1220 Logan Avenue North, Minneapolis 55411, 612.522.5824
Pre-registration is on Saturday, Nov. 26th, Saturday, Dec. 3rd from 12-4pm.
Pre-registration is required to shop on Sale Day Friday, December 16th.
To qualify for pre-registration, the parent will need to provide a photo ID and an original birth certificate for each of the children. If the current residential address does not match the photo ID, a current utility bill, with the new address, will be asked for.
Sabathani Community Center Family Resource is located at 310 East 38th Street, Minneapolis 55409 Please call 612.821.2396 regarding Toys for Tots after December 1st. Here is a link to the Sabathani Community Center web site: http://www.sabathani.org/default.aspx
Waite House (via Pillsbury United Communities) is located at 2323 13th Avenue South,
Minneapolis 55404, 612.721.1681 Toys for Tots information will not be available until after
December 1st. Call the contact number or check the website. They will update their site if they receive toys. Here is the link to their web site: